Year 5 - Clever Crocs - Mr Littlefair
Welcome to the Clever Crocs page! Here you will find information about what is going on in your child's class.
Our first topic this year was the Battle of Britain which we thoroughly enjoyed. As part of the topic, we visited Eden Camp and read Goodnight Mister Tom. Our Spring topic was called Back to the Future and we learnt about the Mayan Civilisation and the Ancient Greeks. Our topic in the Summer term is Raging Rivers and Magnificent Mountains. We will learn about the World's famous rivers and mountains, the parts of a river and we will be visiting The Moorland Centre in the Peak District.
We love reading in the Clever Crocs, we will be reading a range of books through the year. We encourage the children to read at home every night, you play an important role in this so please try to listen to your child read and sign their home school book.
P.E. and Swimming
Please ensure your child's P.E. kit is bought into school on a Monday and left in school until Friday. We are scheduled to do P.E. on a Friday with a Sports Coach but this may change. We will attempt to take part in the Daily Mile very day so please ensure your child has appropriate footwear (or footwear they can change into).
Swimming will begin in the Spring Term. More details will follow closer to the time.
Home Learning involves a number of different tasks. Please ask if you or your child need any support with these.
How can you help?
- Practise tables with your child,
- Listen to them read regularly and ask them questions about the story and characters- you can find examples of questions to ask on the 'Parents' page.
- Help your child with research on their topic.
- Encourage your child to use Mathletics and check on their progress.
- Check the Home/School diary regularly and sign it.
- Home Learning will be set on a Monday and due in on a Friday. Please encourage your child to complete this with care, so that their work is something that they can feel proud of.
If you would like the school menu it can be found here:
Below is a copy of some of the methods we use in Maths in year 5. Any questions feel free to ask.