Year 3 - Terrific Tigers - Mr Heath
Welcome to the Terrific Tiger’s class page!
Class Teacher: Mr Heath
Twitter - @y3kingedprimary
Our first Theme this year is called ‘Survival of the rainforest’ where we will be focusing on the Amazon rainforest, its climate, habitats and current issues like deforestation and forest fires.
Other themes for the year are:
Theme 1- Survival of the Rainforest!
Theme 2 - Journeys
Theme 3- Roman Rampage!
We love reading in the Terrific Tigers, we will be reading a range of books through the year. During our first term, we enjoyed The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark by Jill Tomlinson, and in our second term we are reading The Sheep Pig by Dick King-Smith.
We encourage the children to read at home every night, you play an important role in this so please try to listen to your child read and sign their home school book at least 3 times a week. It is very important, even in KS2, that children hear their grownups reading to them, too. The children are awarded with 1 stamp for 3 reads, and 5 stamps for reading every night.
Please ensure your child's P.E. kit is bought into school on a Monday and left in school until Friday. Alternatively, the children can arrive at school in their PE kits and bring school uniform in to change in to. We are scheduled to do P.E. on a Friday with a Sports Coach but this may change. We will attempt to take part in the Daily Mile every day so please ensure your child has appropriate footwear in school to change into.
Currently, home learning can be accessed on Mathletics and Education City for Rising Stars Reading Rockets. It is great to see the children accessing these resources to support their learning at home. Your child has been given their login for both of these sites. Please let us know if you require these again.
How can you help?
• Practise times tables with your child – you could do this by chanting them on car journeys, or putting them around the house such as going up the stairs or on their favourite toys.
• Listen to them read regularly and ask them questions about the story and characters- you can find examples of questions to ask on the 'Parents' page
• Help your child with research on their topic
• Encourage your child to use Mathletics and check on their progress regularly
• Check the Home/School diary regularly and sign it. Children will be rewarded for signed reads in their Reading Record!