Year 3/4 - Perfect Pandas - Mrs Chappell
Welcome to the Perfect Panda page!
Here you will find information about what is going on in your child's class.
|Class Teacher||Mrs Chappell|
|Teaching Assistants||Mrs Bisby|
Our first Theme this year is called ‘Survival of the rainforest’ where we will be focusing on rainforest habitats.
Other themes for the year;
|Theme 1||Survival of the rainforest|
|Theme 2||Off with their heads|
|Theme 3||Roman Rampage|
We love reading in the Perfect Pandas, we will be reading a range of books through the year. During this theme our class book is The Sheep Pig by Dick King-Smith.
We encourage the children to read at home every night, you play an important role in this so please try to listen to your child read and sign their home school book at least 3 times a week. It is very important, even in KS2, that children hear their grownups reading to them, too.
Please ensure your child's P.E. kit is bought into school on a Monday and left in school until Friday. We are scheduled to do P.E. on a Monday with a Sports Coach but this may change. We will attempt to take part in the Daily Mile very day so please ensure your child has appropriate footwear in school to change into.
Home Learning is set on a Friday and is due in on the following Monday. If you will struggle to do this due to week night commitments then please ensure the Home Learning is back on Monday morning the following week ready for their new piece to be sent home.
Home Learning Club runs every Monday evening in Y3/4 until 4pm if you are having problems completing this at home.
How can you help?
• Practise tables with your child,
• Listen to them read regularly and ask them questions about the story and characters- you can find examples of questions to ask on the 'Parents' page.
• Help your child with research on their topic.
• Encourage your child to use Mathletics and check on their progress.
• Check the Home/School diary regularly and sign it.
• Home Learning will be set on a Monday and due in on a Friday. Please encourage your child to complete this with care, so that their work is something that they can feel proud of.